Integrated Voter Engagement Manager
Updated: Feb 17, 2022
Michigan Voices is seeking an Integrated Voter Engagement (IVE) Manager to coordinate and support our partners’ civic engagement programs - including issue advocacy, voter registration, voter education, absentee voter chase, and Get Out The Vote efforts - and to manage all aspects of our voter engagement program. The ideal candidate will have a record of success leading state-wide voter turnout programs and initiatives. This position will spearhead strategic oversight, direction, education, recommendations, and coordination of efforts to engage underrepresented and socially responsible voters in the democratic process. They will lead and plan successful coordinated campaigns, introducing data and providing technical and skill building training's to partners to enhance voter engagement and outreach efforts. The IVE Manager is a passionate, spirited leader with demonstrated strategic thinking, change leadership, and problem-solving skills.
They are an innovative leader committed to social justice, advocacy, coalition building and
The Integrated Voter Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Field Strategies and
Data, Lindsay Maas.
The IVE Manager will work with and provide support to participating table partners to develop civic engagement plans, resulting in an aligned multi-organization statewide civic engagement strategy. The Manager will then support participating organizations in executing their developed plans.
● Designing and convening planning meetings and training's with participating
● Creating a civic engagement program planning process that includes a plan
template with a timeline and a budget.
● Developing integrated voter engagement campaigns and implementing goals, strategies,
● Coordinate voting registration and engagement efforts to prevent Table partner overlap
● Regularly checking-in with and providing operational support to partner
organizations throughout the development and implementation of their
● Working with our Data department and participating organizations to
determine short-, medium-, and long-term civic engagement goals.
● Establishing right-size voter engagement goals for table partners
● Analyzing current research and past and present data and trends to inform
engagement strategy and implement innovative practices and tools
● Providing ongoing program assessment and analysis, impact evaluations,
tracking and reporting
● Educating and providing training to partners on tools and resources to target voter
● Providing strategic programmatic assistance, guidance, and support to table partners, in
developing strategic plans that encourage year-round civic engagement programs
including issue education, organizing, voter registration, and voter mobilization.
● Assisting partners with development of shared metrics and evaluations, innovative new
tactics, long- and short-term organizing strategies, and engagement of new allies and
● Demonstrated experience building and managing relationships with stakeholders and
working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities
● Knowledge of voter registration process and the elections process in Michigan.
● 3+ years of experience in civic engagement, community organizing, and/or political
● Excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
● Diplomatic, strategic, professional approach to problem-solving, and the ability to think
independently, systematically, and creatively
● Excellent time and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and
understand how to reach goals most efficiently and effectively
● Demonstrated experience as an influential and committed leader willing to occasionally
work irregular hours
● Demonstrated experience using data to inform desired outcomes and to make
● Willingness and ability to travel regularly within Michigan
● Experience and comfort with leading, conducting, and facilitating meetings and trainings.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The salary for this position is $55,000 – $65,000.
Michigan Voices offers a full medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long term disability, and life insurance compensation package. We also offer a reasonable time off policy with paid vacation, sick time, and a gender-neutral parental leave policy.
A Note to BIPOC Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, non-binary folks, and People of Color are less likely to
apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as
described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That
candidate may be one who comes from a background less traditional to our field of work,
and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with IVE Manager referenced in the email subject. This job will be posted until it is filled. Preference will be given to resumes received by March 1, 2022